Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

New Camera!!!

We FINALLY got a new camera. We got the new Nikon Coolpix L120 in bronze. We decided to not go the DSLR route which is originally what I thought I wanted. But I figured that if I really wasn't going to make photography a hobby of mine then we probably shouldn't invest that kind of money. So we decided on this point and shoot because it has a little bit more functionality and a good zoom. I'm still learning about the settings and how to use it, but so far it's been fun!


The camera came on Friday evening. Phillip and I found the box on our porch after we came home from a date of Sarah Vowell, Henrietta's Table and L.A. Burdick Hot Chocolate. (As a side note, if you're ever in the Harvard Square area you should definitely hit up L.A. Burdick. Their white hot chocolate was so heavenly! I told Phil that we would have to stop in again before the weather starts getting too warm.) 

Anyway, here are some of the first photos we took with the camera. 

Phillip drinking his dark hot chocolate

I look strange in this one...but here's my face after finishing my delicious cup of white hot chocolate! (sorry for the extreme close-up)

Here is said cup of white hot chocolate.

Oh and this is the camera strap cover I made last night because I was feeling crafty! I will try and get a better picture of it...
Here it is taken with my trusty computer. 

We're both really glad we got this camera BEFORE the baby boy comes....this will be sitting right next to the hospital bag!

4 comments:

  1. had to look up what a bronze camera looks like, and i love it! it obviously takes amazing pictures too. and you look gorgeous. simply lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (because i totally couldn't tell by the picture that you posted. i'm a putz.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fancy! Love it. What a fun date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see lots of pictures!!! Wednesday night were thrilled to find that there is a Serendipity 3 that is not in Manhattan, so I was at least as thrilled to have a frrrozen hot chocolate this week as you were to have your white chocolate!

    ReplyDelete