Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Motherly-in-law Request

Rita, this is for you!

Last night I had a request from my mother-in-law to blog about my new dress. Well...here it is. It's from Target. And I love it. It was the last dress of its kind and the belt was missing. Which for me worked out pretty well because they gave me 20% off.


I wore it for the first time to church yesterday. I wore a basic long-sleeved white button-up underneath and paired it with brown boots and a white ribbon around the waist.

I find it hard to find dresses which means I usually stick with the skirt because I am different sizes on top and bottom. But this one fit perfectly. I was so excited about this purchase until Phil took the wind out of my sails because he said I spent more than he thought I was going to spend. (I think Phil is still trying to get used to me spending more than $10 on things now that we are both gainfully employed) The dress was $35! Which in my opinion, is a fair (and rather good) price for a dress that fits me well and will serve many purposes. But being the good husband he is, he saw the dress on and agreed with me that it is a great dress and worth the $35.

4 comments:

  1. I just wanted to second Phil's opinion that you looked absolutely fantastic in the dress yesterday! I mean, you are always super stylish, but as I was looking at you in the congregation (so kindly holding my not-so-happy baby so I could sing in the choir), I thought to myself, "Jen looks hot!" I love the dress, and the dress loves you. Definitely worth the $35--it's a steal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $35!!!! What a bargain! I obviously didn't do a good job of teaching Phil what women's clothes can cost! I agree with Phil and Rebekah that it is a really great dress! Love the colors, love the fabric, love the cut of the skirt! Good purchase! Good purchase! Thank you for putting it on your blog! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely dress from Target!! I like the print and style of this dress!! Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, A better picture would be you in the dress!! But I'll see it on you soon. Can't wait to come to Boston!!

    I love the colors and can picture the brown boots with it. Great bargain! You have always been an astute nad successful shopper! Can we go to TJ together while I'm home?/?

    Love You!!

    ReplyDelete