Pages

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My new love

I have looked at this website before (thanks Val), but it wasn't until yesterday that I really found my love for it. www.Etsy.com is a site where anyone can buy and sell handmade items. You can find pretty much anything you want (or don't want) on there from handmade jewelry, clothing, to even tie-dyed tightie-whities. Here is one etsy store that I totally fell in love with. She makes the most amazingly beautiful jewelry. I was so enthralled by it that I even went to her blog and left her a message. I NEVER do that! (I sure hope she doesn't think I'm weird) But here are a few of her pieces that caught my eye:

This is a bracelet I particularly love.

And I love the color combination in this necklace.

I love Etsy so much that I've been brainstorming ideas of what I could sell on here and of course I don't really have any of the skills required to do them (sewing, painting, etc). I think having another creative outlet is always good for the soul. Anyone have any ideas? Really, I'm not cfrafty whatsoever. I think the only VERY crafty thing I have done that has worked was a stool that I decoupaged in high school. Right now it seems like my very own Etsy store is not in the stars. But at least I can window shop and gaze at (and maybe one day purchase) everyone else's creative outlets.

3 comments:

  1. somehow i feel as if this is a sign that you want me to purchase some of these things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could spend hours "shopping on etsy. I've only ever bought one thing though- a necklace. Now I'm going to spend the remainder of the day fighting my urge to ignore my kids and cruise etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the site! So Many truly gifted and creative people out there! Jen, you could market your incredibly beautiful borders on Etsy! Side note to Phil: Good thinking! Happy shopping!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete