Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Our UT Trip: Part 2 (The Reunion)

My parent's house in Heber is in such a great location. They have the most amazing view off their porch and I loved spending every morning and evening sitting out there watching the sun rise and set and the storms roll in. 






Their house is in a golf community with a great pool. We had a great time watching Felix discover his love of swimming. This was really his first time being able to swim, since we didn't do it much last summer. He did great! The pool had a shallow end that went from about 1 ft to 3ft and he had a great time throwing balls around and splashing. At one point he even let me carry him on my back while we swam in the "big water" (i.e. deep end). Sadly I don't have any swimming pictures. I really wasn't on top of my game as far as pictures are concerned. 

The reunion set up was pretty casual. We had mostly free mornings and afternoons to swim, play, go exploring, etc. And then we would all have dinner together at the house and in the evenings the adults would have a discussion. My Dad decided what our topics were going to be and sent it out and had us think about/prepare some things to discuss. My favorite night was when we talked about family history and family memories. We talked about and read about some of our ancestors and their histories and then we reminisced about growing up in the Clark household. I especially love hearing my siblings talk about things I don't remember or wasn't around for. There were a lot of great things that happened before the twins came along! 

One morning we took a family hike up to Stewart Falls up the Provo Canyon. Phil wasn't going to be able to come because he had to go for a run that morning to prepare for our 5k (more on that later), so I didn't think I could do it by myself with Felix. At the last minute, my sister offered me her baby carrier (50 lb weight limit) ato carry Felix on my back, so we decided to go! The minute we got to the trail Felix refused to be put in the carrier. And then he pretty much cried all the way up and back! Luckily I have some amazing brothers who helped me carry Felix up and down when he didn't want to walk. In retrospect, it probably isn't a good hike for toddlers, but Felix had a blast once we got to the bottom of the falls and he could splash around in the water and throw rocks. 


Uncle Mike. The Best. 







Taking a rest on Andrew's shoulder on the way down. Uncles are the best!

The best part of the whole trip was seeing Felix with his cousins. He loves his cousins! He still talks about them and asks about them. 

Oh I can't get enough of these two. That's Clara on the left and Charlotte on the right. They are the two littlest grand-babies and I LOVE THEM. 


Here are Papa and Nana doing a little FHE with the grandkids before bed. Too bad you can't really tell its them! (darn sun)

 Felix loved getting to play with Henry. I think they bonded over cars. Below is a picture of Henry showing Felix youtube videos of monster trucks!

Picking a winner!


This is Felix playing with Rachel and Katherine. Rachel was Jasmine and Katherine was Aladdin. They recruited Felix to play Jafar! It was awesome. 

The smiles on this one are awesome!



While we were in UT, Phillip turned 30! Phillip is not one for being the center of attention, but we did sneak in some delicious chocolate cake and cupcakes. 



We loved our time in Heber! Thanks Mom and Dad for opening up your home to all of us and providing great memories for us and our children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment