Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I'm a Mother

I've been a mom for two years now, but sometimes I still can't believe it. I can't believe my Father in Heaven has given Philip and I the responsibility to care for this little human being. What a responsibility, but what a blessing! Felix has been such a joy in our lives. Not only do we get to see him experience this world and explore everything his hands touch, eyes see and ears hear, but we as parents learn so much about ourselves in the process. There's been a lot of growing going on in this household and I'm not talking about Felix. 

Becoming a mother has given me more confidence in my abilities as a human being. There's something refining and uplifting about doing hard things and realizing your potential. I now know that I am capable of caring for a newborn/baby/toddler/little man even though the process is sometimes hard and there seems to be no end to the challenges that pop up. And I've also learned it's ok to fail sometimes, as long as you pick yourself up again and keep on going. Its the hardest job I've ever done, but the most rewarding overall. 

Before Mother's Day a friend asked if I wanted to come with her to the park to take pictures of our boys to send to their Grandmas. I jumped at the chance. I felt it was also a Mother's Day gift for me, since I don't have any nice pictures of Felix. These are especially awesome. His smile is to die for. 






Thanks Felix for making me a mama. I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment