Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Chameleon

So I keep changing my blog template and layout. I think I've changed it three or four times in the past two days. I think it's because its the one thing in my life right now I can control, but I'm never happy with anything I do to it. It really makes me wish I knew more about html and web design. Well I guess there's still time...

I've been thinking A LOT lately about those other things in my life I can't control. I have an amazing husband who has the ability to remain calm and collected in times of change, while I'm dying inside feeling like I'm never going to see the end of the road.

(Who knew a Chameleon could be this small. Yes folks, thats the smallest Chameleon in the world).

Its like the things in my life I can change are the small things (noted picture above), and the big things are the ones I have no control over. It's so frustrating.....but I think that's the way its supposed to be. If we had full control over the bigger, more important things in our lives, then what would be the need for faith? Yes, we do help to direct the paths in our lives, but there is a larger force at play. He's the one that directs you to where you should go to school, who you're going to marry, where you should work, and who the one landlord in Minneapolis is who will rent you a spacious apartment for less than $1000/month. Yes, God works in mysterious ways, but at least we know he's there helping us...holding our hands when we can't see the end of the road.


4 comments:

  1. Jen, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I might be a little worse off even!! When I get home from Mozambique, I have NO IDEA what I'm doing. Life is a interesting road to travel.

    On a lighter note...I stole your old blog layout, but I almost picked the one you have right now! We have similar taste when it comes to blog layouts from cutest blog! Anyway...hang in there kid! It'll all work out. (Is there a Continuum of Care in Minn. in case you guys are homeless?? JUST KIDDING! You'll find something, I know.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a LDSSA at University of Minnesota? They might have a housing board or could be of some help. I think you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. where on earth did you find this chameleon? do they sell these anywhere? cause theyd be an awesome pet to have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the web page sucks for one and ur weird stop writting about the dramas in ur life and fix them !!!

    ReplyDelete